Data Recovery Solutions
The eMag Solutions engineers have extensive knowledge in the storage and retrieval of data and can solve most any data recovery need.
TAPE DATA RECOVERY
As in all data recovery operations, recovering data from tapes is very specialized. Tape data recovery is the successful retrieval and copying of data from a tape cartridge that has been damaged due to any of the following:
- Heat and Smoke Damage
- Water Damage – Sprinkler System or Flooded
- Damage Resulting from Dropping the Cartridge
- Data Residing after an EOF Mark (Overwritten)
- Damage Resulting from the Tape Drive
- Damage as a result of Aging (Past Warranty)
- Damage Resulting from Exposure to Extreme Temperatures or Humidity
- Internal Cartridge Mechanism Failing
- Permanent Errors Residing Mid File
97% Success Rate on Data
PHYSICAL DATA RECOVERY
Physical Data Recovery is necessary when there is a physical problem with the media or plastics, which prevents the data from being read normally. While these physical issues are often difficult to handle, the recovery rate of these types is usually 97% or better. This type of recovery may include dealing with issues such as:
- Deteriorating magnetic coatings
- Cracked or broken reels/cartridge shells
- Creased tape edges
- Twisted or folded tape
- Stretched or broken tape
- Media subjected to adverse conditions (water, mud or other debris)
LOGICAL DATA RECOVERY
Logical Data Recovery is typically the most difficult, and consequently, the most expensive. Recovering files logically includes recovering the data portion of a tape that was successfully recorded, but for some unknown reason cannot be read.
- Tapes written with misaligned heads
- Tapes containing critical data re-initialized by mistake.
These problems can be recovered, or at least partially recovered, using internally developed proprietary software and processes.